Professor of Economics
Department of Economics
Office: (613) 533-6257
Fax: (613) 533-6668
- Book Review "In Pursuit of Prestige: Strategy and Competition in US Higher Education, Dominic J Brewer, Susan M Gates, and Charles A Goldman, Journal of Economic Literature forthcoming
- "A Bicameral Model of Economic Decisionmaking," in Paul Viminitz (ed.) Narrowing the Gap between Ideal and Real World Agents, Kluwer Academic Press, forthcoming.
- "Social Dynamics," Review of Income and Wealth 48(2) June 2002, pages 261-67.
- "Tenure Promotes Honest Hiring," Policy Options 22(10) December 2001, pages 10-14.
- "Worker Cooperation and the Ratchet Effect," with W. Bentley Macleod, Journal of Labor Economics, January 2000, pages 1-19.(This paper won the H. Gregg Lewis prize for the best paper in the Journal of Labor Economics for 2000 and 2001.)
- "Restructuring the University System: What Level of Public Support," Canadian Public Policy 25(1), March 1999, pages 133-140.
- "Fighting for Turf in an Internal Labour Market," in Isao Ohashi and Toshiaki Tachibanaki (eds.), Internal Labour Markets, Incentives, and Employment. (Macmillan Press, London, 1998), pages 81-97.
- "Gift Giving and the Evolution of Cooperation," with Bentley W. MacLeod, International Economic Review, 38(3), August 1997, pages 485-509.
- "Multiskilling, Technical Change and the Japanese Firm," with Bentley W. MacLeod, Economic Journal, 103(416), January 1993, pages 142-60.
Recent Working Papers
- "How should a Behavioral Economist do Welfare Economics," with Bentley MacLeod, Queen's University mimeo, 2002.
- "Fair Territory: Preferences, Bargaining, and the Endowment Effect," with W. Bentley MacLeod, Queen's University mimeo, 1999.
- "Caring about Sunk Costs: A Behavioral Solution to the Hold-up Problem," with W. Bentley MacLeod, Queen's University mimeo, 1999.